Notice: ALTA43 is moving to a virtual platform.
Click here to read a statement from ALTA Board President Ellen Elias-Bursać.
There are lots of ways to get involved at ALTA43. Please consider the following options, and check back for more as conference programming develops.
Submit a Play in Translation
In association with ALTA43, The Scoundrel and Scamp Theatre seeks short form or short excerpts of plays in translation for a virtual staged reading performed by local Tucson actors. We are particularly interested in plays that meet the following criteria:
- Plays translated from any language into English
- Plays that have a cast of six characters or fewer
- Plays that feature content that is aligned both with Scoundrel and Scamp’s mission to create “immersive and imaginative experiences for a diverse, cross-generational audience that inspire empathy and encourage discourse" and ALTA’s conference theme of “In Between” (such as translating from a place of multiple belongings, translating migrant writing, translating code-switching, translating heritage, translating indigenous languages, translating beyond gender binaries, and translating hybrid genres)
- Text that translates well to digital space (text with a focus on a language, actor’s voices, minimal scenic requirements, etc.)
- 10, 20, or 30 minutes of performable material (A maximum length of 30 pages of text)
Please submit a translation of no more than 30 pages (excerpts from longer works are fine), the original, and a brief query letter including confirmation of permission to translate the piece and short bios of both author and translator to email@example.com by June 22nd. For more information please visit: https://scoundrelandscamp.org/alta43
Propose a Session
Read about the ALTA43 Conference theme, "In Between," at the ALTA43 home page. Read the proposal guidelines for the 2020 virtual conference, and use this Google form to submit a session proposal by July 6, 2020.
Annual Alexis Levitin Bilingual Readings Series
The Annual Alexis Levitin Bilingual Reading Series is one of the most popular events at the conference. Readings must be conducted at least partially in the source language, in addition to English. Read the proposal guidelines for the 2020 virtual conference, and use this Google form to submit a session proposal by July 6, 2020.
Find Us on Facebook
Get conference updates, plan local events, coordinate carpools, and look for roommates in our ALTA Conferences Facebook Group.
Want to see your work at ALTA43? Request a title for the conference bookfair starting mid-summer.
What it's all about! Registration for ALTA43 will open mid-summer.
Want to receive one-on-one feedback with an editor? Sign-ups for our Flash and Pitch Sessions will open mid-summer.
Work Exchange Program
Help us to make ALTA43 great by volunteering! Work Exchange Program applications will open mid-summer.